Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cristo Rey!

Hey All,
I'm going to make this brief. I have just started the training phase and am living in a little town (population cerca 800) called Cristo Rey. Cristo Rey is set right in the middle of the rolling hills in the western portion of Belize (we're about half an hour from Guatamala). I'm living with a host family made of Faldi (mother), Jose (husband), and Jasmine and Keri (both daughters of Faldi by other marraiges). Keri and Jasmine are both seniors in highschool. The whole family speaks Spanish and English and Kriol, but we speak Spanish together. I have a wonderful room on the second floor of their home where I have a porch and a rocking chair where I can sit and watch Toucans, etc. Just about everyday I have gone to swim at the Macal river which is just down the hill from the house. Today we started Spanish clases and tomorrow is our first Healthy Communities class. Everything has been going great and I will try to give you some more info soon,
Love,
Owen

1 comment:

  1. What images this paints for us, Owen! Prayers and love, always -

    ReplyDelete